helping myself fly

helping myself fly

Monday, September 29, 2014

like a brick we are ment to sink in the ocean
like a brick we are ment to build things and make them more solid
like a brick we are ment to only break things
not our selves
like a brick i sink and lose my way
like a brick i scream at my sister
like a brick i run with laughter
like a brick im full of every emotion
like a brick i'm
not like a brick
bricks arent ment for poetry just like im not ment for you
bricks dont care if you cry at night or dance in the mirror in the morn
bricks dont give a dang
and neither should i about you
i want to give you a reason to stay afloat
but i realize
if i'm not good enough
and what i say won't help you enough
and seeing the way the tides are coming
you'd rather jump in and most likely sink
then stay on land and hear me say i know its salty

1 comment:

  1. "Most likely sink than stay on land and hear me say I know it's salty." Yessss

    ReplyDelete